Making mini waffles is a great way to make a simple supper that can be enjoyed now and later. With just a few basic ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these delicious treats in no time at all.
To begin, mix together 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 cup milk and a sprinkle of salt. Easy, right?
Bake these in a mini waffle maker, the kind that only makes one 4-inch waffle at a time. This easy recipe makes about eight waffles. Each waffle will take about three to four minutes to cook.
Plan ahead when deciding to make mini waffles. If you will be serving these aright away, use a covered dish How could you use mini waffles?to keep the cooked ones warm as you continue to bake new. Before placing a cover over the cooked waffles, place a piece of paper toweling over the top to keep condensation from dripping on the hot waffles.
How could you use mini waffles?
1. For breakfast, top with freshly sliced fruit or your favorite nut butter and syrup.
2. For lunch, make a savory sandwich-like creation with a little bit of cheese and ham tucked between two warm mini waffles.
3. For dinner, serve up mini-waffle tacos with your favorite taco toppings.
4. For a sweet treat, top with some warm melted chocolate and ice cream.
5. Stick them in the freezer for a quick snack anytime! Make big batches of mini waffles ahead of time, freeze them and then just pop one into the toaster whenever you need it for an instant snack.
6. For a real party starter, make mini waffle pizzas topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.
7. For dessert, top with warm caramel topping and fresh whipped cream for a truly decadent treat!
8. Or use them as the base for homemade ice, stack them high with ice cream and chocolate syrup dripping. Let everyone reach for their own!
Making mini waffles is a quick, easy and delicious way to whip up a meal that can be enjoyed anytime of the day! With just a few simple ingredients, you have an endless variety of possibilities to enjoy these tasty treats. So, grab your ingredients and get ready for some mini waffle goodness! Enjoy!